COVID-19 Latest News: Pfizer says its COVID vaccine 100 percent effective in children ages 12-15
The vaccine maker Pfizer said today its Covid-19 vaccine was 100% effective in a study of adolescents ages 12 to 15, encouraging results that could clear the shots for use in middle school students before school starts this fall.
The trial enrolled 2,260 participants in the United States. There were 18 confirmed Covid-19 infections observed in the placebo group and no confirmed infections in the group that received the vaccine, the company said. That resulted in a vaccine efficacy of 100%, it said, adding that the shot was also well-tolerated, with side effects generally consistent with those seen in adults. The company also said the vaccine elicited a “robust” antibody response in children, exceeding those in an earlier trial of 16- to 25-year-olds.
(Full Story: CNBC News, 3/31/21)
COVID-19 Updates: We are BACK on 05/28/2020
We will reopen our dental office this Thursday 5/28/20. All of us are so excited to be able to provide dental care to your children again.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our uncompromised commitment to your family health and safety. Thus, we strictly follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Dental Association’s guidelines to keep all patients and team members safe.
In addition, we have equipped our central AC system with a REME HALO® air purifier that generates Ionized Hydro-peroxide which gives faster kill rates for microbials in the air as well as on surfaces. This equipment was used in U.S. and International Hospital for the fight against infectious diseases: 99% reduction of Staph (MRSA) (source: https://www.rgf.com/products/air/reme-halo/). We also installed air cleaner with UV-light in every operatory.
To further protect our patients, staff and community, we are implementing the following changes in Phase One of our office opening. These steps are sometimes inconvenient but we think they are necessary in the interest of our patients, staff and community.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. In all cases, we want to ensure that anyone we treat is healthy and free of any symptoms of illness. If you are ill with a fever, cough, acute respiratory symptoms, flu-like symptoms, or have been around anyone with flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days, please reschedule your appointment.
- Palm Beach county directives request us to ask that you wear a face mask when entering our office.
- As a temporary measure, we ask that you wait in your car rather than waiting in the waiting room. Simply call the front desk and check-in. We will call you back once your appointment is ready to start.
- We extend our hours of operation to allow greater time between patients in order to reduce the number of people in the office at any given time
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Each patient will be given temperature check, hand sanitizer before entering the office.
- Prior to any exam or treatment, all patients will be provided with hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse per ADA guidelines. This pre-procedure rinse has proven effective at killing the coronavirus in lab testing.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 561-582-5273 or visit our website at www.firstcaredental.net.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
We realize that you might have concerns regarding your child’s teeth and mouth, be it a pain, or a swelling or some other conditions or questions about how to keep good oral hygiene for her in case you don’t have time to come to the office.
Therefore, we are glad to provide you with our Teledental Consultation that enables you to talk with your dentist directly about your child’s dental concerns. You can contact us for a Teledental visit by clicking the link below. We will get back to you soon.