When it comes to keeping your child’s smile healthy and bright for a life time, the following seven habits belong to a good oral hygiene routine that you should help her to develop
- Brush for two minutes after every meal, but at least twice a day. Gives her a two minute brushing timer to encourage her to stick to it.
- Floss at least once a day. Better yet, remind her to do it before each tooth brushing.
- Don’t chew ice, whole nuts, which may cause damage to the teeth
- Use a mouth guard when your child plays contact sports to prevent or reduce injuries to the teeth and gums
- Eat healthy! Give her plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are known to help stimulate the flow of saliva to re-mineralize tooth surfaces and neutralize cavity-causing bacteria
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks such as candy, soda.
- Stop giving your child bottle before bed.
This way your child may only need to see us every 6 months for a checkup and cleaning. And this is how we prefer to see your child as well